Tour De France

While working my way up to Brussels for a meeting of international athletic philosophers, I was able to swing by a leg of the Tour de France. It was in the small mountains of Alsace but still with some steep hills.
I read that is was best to catch the riders going up the steeps so I left my car at the bottom and hiked up about 3km to what looked like a good area. (It must be noted that you have to do this about 4 hours before the riders are expected,especially if you want to participate in the Caravan where they toss free gimmees, lots of fun).
So, well stationed near the top, and here came the front riders...leading is the guy wearing the jersey for best hill climber...

Even though I'm wearing a clown jersey, I'm not happy


French rider, think it's Ribron. Chocolat

These guys were really sucking some wind and this was not the worst climb for them. Pretty crazy that they did 100 miles with all these passes

This 2 mile hill is tough. I walked it but not as fast as these guys



It amazes me that these guys are able to have a conversation. Looks important!

"So did you hear Pierre LeForge slept with a t-shirt seller last night???"

This guy just looked too good, I think he snuck on part way up the hill!




Winner of the Hero up the Hill Look!

And bringing up the end (but not last), this poor gent must have crashed a little before arriving to us. All I can say is "Ouch". Kudos on him for keeping going!

Winner of the Ouch Award! He was near the back, didn't see the race telecast for his wipeout but at least he finished!



After watching, wanted to go watch another leg but tomorrow is a rest day for the Tour so I'll move on North. Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts