Italy Wrap Up

Well, I've been home a little over a week now and finally starting to recover. The trip lasted about 7 weeks beginning the first week of April.  I covered about 5300km (3,300 miles) and shot over 3,400 images (a few of which are keepers!)
Here is a map of where I went along with the stops for overnight (yellow pins).  



As you can see, I did miss the toe and Sicily. This was because I had to be in Venice for a flight to Germany and didn't have enough time to properly visit Sicily. My plan is to do another trip and cover Sardinia, Sicily and try to catch Corsica at the same time.
I also didn't get to spend enough time in the Dolomites and Northern Italy area (lakes, Milan and Turin). I plan on getting back to there soon, maybe this fall, depending on how things go.
My next trip was scheduled to be Ireland and Scotland in July but that is looking like a delay as I would like to continue work to establish my photo business, save up some money for house renovations (new windows and door coming in June, yay!), and figure out what I want to achieve on these road trips.  I will still do mini trips and post photos from these adventures.
It was great fun seeing old friends, meeting new ones, and a lifetime of memories achieved. Thanks to all along the way, both online and in country.  Cheers! Laurent


Comments

Popular Posts