Amalfi Coast

Well, it's been quite a drought of wifi access and thus no chance to post blog updates but it looks like I will have good wifi for the next couple of days so here we go. Based on some conversations about Amalfi from a friend, I decided to drive it backwards from Salerno to Sorrento.  This worked out nicely because it allowed me to view the coast from the driver's seat without having to try and peak out the passenger window. It also kept me from the edge and death drop.

View of the Amalfi Coast


While it was beautiful, it was extremely hard to enjoy because of the crazy traffic and lack of areas to pullover for photos.

This was a recurring event, something I'll call Amalfijam!


I did stop at Ravello as this was not on the Med but above the Med and there were still parking spaces early in the morning. Here a found an idyllic place for this waiter to chat on his cell phone. Hope he appreciates what he has for a work place!

Waiter talking on a phone in the town of Ravello. Couldn't ask for a better view while chatting!


When I got to the town Amalfi, the closest parking space was 8 kilometers down the road (and you had to walk back on the road with cars whizzing by and no sidewalk so the only picture I got was while waiting in traffic.

The town of Amalfi coast. This was the only shot I could get as I couldn't park



I had heard it is best to take the bus for the Amalfi coast drive and that may be true, especially if it allows you to get on and off.  Finally a last shot as I was pulling back into Sorrento.

The bay of Sorrento at the end of Amalfi coast


Comments

Popular Posts