Cinque Terre aka Cinque Beere!

Well, finally some wifi so I can update the blog. I was at Cinque Terre, Italy, on Monday and Tuesday, arriving in the afternoon Monday, in time to find a parking location on the Med for my VW and catch some dinner. I decided to do the hike backwards from Monteresso to Riomaggiore.
Tuesday, I checked in with the tourist info where they told me that all the coastal Cinque Terre routes were closed due to landslide and not being very safe. So, I decided I had to see this for myself (along with many other non-believers). The routes were fine except for one section that really should have been closed. This one involved about going across a landslide slope that was very steep and slippery. All good with slow movements. The reason I called this Cinque Beere is that I decided to have a beer at each village. It was pretty hot and it was about 1 hour between each leg so I definitely earned them. Made it more fun as well!  I also took the boat back to Monterosso as a way to get more views on this beautiful area.Here are a few photos.


The hills of Cinque Terre at dawn

The town of Vernazza in Cinque Terre



Leaving the town of Vernazza in Cinque Terre



The villages of Corniglia and Manarola



 The village of Manarola in Cinque Terre



The village of Riomaggiore in Cinque Terre


The village of Riomaggiore in Cinque Terre


Comments

Popular Posts