Scandinavia-Leg 1

So it’s been about two and a half weeks on my Scandinavian photo trip and all is going well. My first stop was Denmark, a small country that is the entryway to Scandinavia from Europe.  I started in the very south and worked my way all the way to the northern tip at Skagen,

The Beach at Skagen

then back down to the center where I left Copenhagen into Sweden.  It is a beautiful country of rolling hills, green pastures , very friendly people, and wind, lots of wind.
Something I noticed throughout were the wind turbines all working away capturing that great energy source.

The Wind Turbines of Denmark

Closer to the ground, the beautiful green fields would change colors frequently as the wind blew giving a relaxing feeling. 
Green fields blowing in the wind

The animals were beautiful also, obviously well taken care of.

Beautiful blonde Danish horses

Summertime is also the time the Danes like to come out and enjoy themselves  as this was evidenced by 3 music festivals I came upon in one week.


A trumpet player at a musicfest in Denmark


All in all, a great start to the trip.  I’m currently in Norway and will probably do two blog posts due to the vast amount of time and locales I’m covering here. Skol! Laurent

Comments

Popular Posts