Scandinavia Leg 2-Norway pt 1

It’s been almost two weeks since the last blog post and since I arrived in Norway. Internet access is getting more and more limited as I head North which is alright in that you really feel you are getting away from it all.

All I can say is that Norway the most phenomenally scenic country I have ever been to. Truly a different awe inspiring scene turn after turn, from dramatic fjords to soaring mountains, to blue green waters.




Very amazing. Now one problem is that all these roads that you are driving on while seeing this are 1 to 1.5 lanes wide with no guard rail and sheer 1000ft drop-offs.  You have to continually watch the road and curves because other cars are coming pretty quick and there are these very small pullouts that you use so they can pass. Very tiring driving and doesn’t allow for as much sight seeing or pulling over to shoot as I would like. Anyway, I started off a couple of days in Olso visiting Vigeland Sculpture park and some very strange statues. Actually pretty hilarious. This one is called Man attacked by Babies....




I then went on into fjord country visiting Preikestolen, among others.



It was amazing, especially because the weather held back a lot of people and I actually had the entire rock to myself for 10 minutes.  As I showed before, lots of friendly sheep here.



My first glacier hike was a long slog in the rain but very cool once I got there.






As I found out later, this was only a baby. More to come in the next blog update of Norway Part two! Ciao for now, Laurent

Comments

Popular Posts