Scandi Update - Norway part 2


It’s been about 5 days since I left Norway and now cruising around Sweden. Definitely very different landscape but still beautiful.  As I mentioned in the last blog update on Norway, the beauty of Norway is non-stop. It really just kept coming, even as I went further north.  I left the green fjord land (click on images for larger view, if you look in 3rd picture you can see kayaker)








and headed North.  Along the way I passed beautiful mountain streams,




a final glacier which I called Number 9



and the Torghatten Hole (if you look in the center, you can see the islands in the background and if you really look, you can see a couple of people standing there.)



Travel involved riding on a lot of Ferry boats and I think I spotted Loch Ness on summer vacation.



Norway is famous for their very old churches. I really liked this one with the cloud structure behind it.


Lastly, I reached the Arctic circle arriving around 10 pm, just in time for the sunset.  While the guide book talked down this place because of the commercial visitors center, I really got a kick out of it. There are thousands of cairns on the hills behind the center where people leave their marks and a lot of notes. Very fun place to walk around.



And one final beautiful sunset at the Arctic Circle, 10pm before leaving this beautiful country.


Comments

Popular Posts