Florence

It's been a few days since I left Cinque Terre. During that time, I went to visit the beautiful city of Florence and spent several days visiting the museums and buildings. Disappointingly, I didn't get into several sites because the lines were just too long and not moving. I did go to the Uffizi museum which had some spectacular art. Now a few images 

In this first image, it is a panorama of the city of Florence from Giotto’s Campanile.  Fortunately this one had no lines and well worth the climb up the multiple stairs.

Florence Pano


In the next image, I shot down from the tower into the crowd. It was late afternoon and the shadows were long. Remembering a photo I had seen from NatGeo in the past of some camel shadows, I shot a few pix and got this.  Try and figure the orientation after viewing a second.


 
People Shadows



In the next image, it is a reflection of  the clock tower at Palazzo Vecchio.  I wanted a little different viewpoint and found this puddle. What is even more interesting is that now I can see the outline of a bald headed man with his mouth open looking at the tower. Do you see it?

 
Clock Tower at Palazzo Vecchio



Lastly, while walking around, I noticed the police officers were working very distinctive coats. I only hope they don't have to wear them in the summer as they looked very warm. I asked this officer if I could take his photo and after a sigh of exasperation, he straightened up to pose. I especially like the policeman and gentleman in the background getting directions.

Florence Police Officer



Next up very soon, will be Pisa. Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts