LTOP!

Well, now that Easter week in Rome is over, time to get back to my normally scheduled blog updates.
Last week, just before Rome and Tuscany, I stopped by the Leaning Tower of Pisa (LTOP). While I was in Florence, I talked to a local Italian guy who swore I should skip Pisa and go straight to Tuscany. I couldn't do it, it would be like going to Italy and not eating Italian food. So I went for a couple of hours and very happy I did. It really is amazing the first time you see it, just makes you wonder how it is still standing after all these years.  In addition, the Piazza dei Miracoli (Plaza of Miracles) is quite a site with the tower, baptistry and Duomo all together. Here are a couple of images of those monuments and the plaza.
A panorama of the Piazza die Miracoli



The Duomo di Pisa and Tower




 
Pisa Tower Section



It is really funny to watch people posing trying to push, keep up, kiss, kick, etc the Leaning Tower. If you look at it without looking at the tower in background, it is even more funny.

 
A girl posing as if holding the tower up only missing a little



Next up will be the Tuscany pictures. Hopefully will have wifi access in a few days as these were my favorite shots thus far.  Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts