Falling For Italy

The last stop that I hit in Italy before coming back into France was in the northwest region called Valle D'Aosta, a beautiful mountainous region on the border with France.  I drove way up into a valley to go see the Gran Paradiso National Park and stopped in a village called Lilliaz. There was a beautiful waterfall outside of the village and I felt it would be appropriate to end my Italy trip with a visit to this waterfall. Being there alone and watching the waterfall gave me a sense of a snapshot of my trip to Italy


The Journey



The top of the falls with the water gushing over with force felt like the start of my Italy trip, full of enthusiasm and wonder of the unknown...

The Beginning




and the bottom of the falls where the water landed and serenely carries on downstream, having experienced the thrill of the journey from top to bottom.

The landing



A lot of change happens during the trip from top to bottom, while not noticeable on the outside, the inside is now in a different place than it was from the start. I feel I'm the same way from all the nice people I met, the places that I saw and the events that I was able to participate in.  Grazie Italia!

Comments

Popular Posts