Doin the Down Under

I had a wonderful invite to come visit down under to Australia and New Zealand and of course jumped at the opportunity. After a 24 hour flight from London (with 3 hour layover in Dubai), I arrived and hit the ground running....
Shot of me enjoying a hike in Noosa National Park

I was met at the airport by my girlfriend, number one photo assistant and chef extraordinaire, Sandra!

 Number one photo assistant and Chef extraordinaire Sandra!

We proceeded to the beach for a great camping weekend with a lot of her friends. The beaches here in Noosa Heads are incredibly beautiful with nice warm water and cooling sea breezes.



A vista of the Pacific Ocean off of Noosa National Park

In the quick week that I have been here, I have been amazed at the variety of animals that I have never before seen. Everything from these Rainbow Lorikeets off of the balcony...

Two rainbow Lorikeets nibbling on a Palm tree



to this interesting looking bird on the coast.....

 An unknown seabird sitting on the coast in Noosa National Park




to this sea turtle cruising along in the Pacific Ocean....


A sea turtle enjoying the waters off of Noosa National Park


and lastly this Goanna lizard that raced up a tree.
An Australian Goanna hiding in a tree on the North shore of Noosa Heads




Close up of the Australian Goanna




I also experienced a venomous red bellied Black Snake about 6 inches from my bare feet and a bat called a Flying Fox with about a 5 ft wing span but was not able to capture these guys on camera for some reason (rumors of me running away are totally false!)
In the next post, I hope to share some more animal pictures in the wild, specifically a kangaroo, koala and if I'm lucky the elusive Flying Fox.
G'day Mates!!

Comments

Popular Posts